If you’ve paid too much tax to HMRC, either through employment or self employment, you may receive a refund notification from HMRC. This is usually called a P800.
1. Login to your Personal Tax Account
2. Verify using one of the methods listed
3. Once verified, on the home screen choose ‘Self Assessment’
4. On the Self Assessment screen, choose ‘More Self Assessment Details’ (shown in purple text below)
5. Select ‘Request a repayment‘ from the right hand side list
If a refund is due on your account, you’ll find the information in your Personal Tax Account.
Should you need to contact HMRC – only ever use their official channels: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/self-assessment#